With the advance in technology we certainly drive much safer cars today, however it is important to be a safe driver as well, to a very large extent most of us have become very aware and alert and strive to be responsible drivers once we are behind the wheel.
However, in-spite of this progress and the numerous advertisements and media campaigns on safe driving there is a staggering number of accidents and casualties still recorded nationwide. The best way to avoid any kind of fatalities it to practice safe driving and to keep in mind safety guidelines at all times.
Here are a few safety tips that help you, your passengers and the pedestrians be unharmed.
- Be alert at all times. Avoid driving if you are tired or sleep.
- Always wear your seatbelt.
- Stay focused on the road. Avoid using your cell phone while driving, even if you have a hands -free, stop the car on the side before answering any call.
- Do not drive under the influence of alcohol and drugs. Even if you have had just one drink avoid taking the wheel.
- If you have children in the car keep them occupied, do not allow them to jump about or create any kind of distraction in the car.
- Take extra precaution when driving during the monsoon season. Decrease your speed and leave enough space between vehicles. Always clear your windows and windshields while driving.
- The same precaution applies for while driving during winter. In the colder regions ice accumulates very fast on bridges and flyovers approach them with extreme caution and do not apply your brakes.
- Don’t be in a hurry to get places, always follow the speed limit restrictions.
- Watch out for speed bumps, pot holes and road debris while driving.
- Proceed with caution while changing lanes. Avoid cutting in front of someone or changing over too fast it as not only distracts and upsets other drivers but also causes accidents.
- Always be on the lookout while driving, not just for other cars but also for cyclists, bikers, cattle and other walkers on the road.
- Always be prepared. Expect the unexpected. In case of an accident is important to remain calm but also know how to handle yourself and your automobile.